Monday, January 4, 2021

TKR: Introduction to this blog

 Hi! Happy New Year 2021!

 I have been thinking about creating a blog about the journey I went through (and am still going through) on having 2 Total Knee Replacements (TKR) in one year (2020). I have read a number of TKR blogs over the last year, and it always seems like there is something missing, or people have tons of questions...So here I am, and here is the start of the blog.

 This first post is just an introduction, explaining what you are going to be reading about in future posts. We're all busy, so I don't want you wasting your time if this isn't the right blog/information for you. I will talk about my backstory, briefly (How I got to the point of 2 TKR's), I will go through the stages of the TKR; Finding an Orthopedic Surgeon, Going through the pre-surgery elements, Preparing for surgery and after surgery at home, the Physical Therapist, the follow-up appointments, what you need to take responsibility for, and yes, the difficulties and pain. I will also go through the personal elements of, frustrations, fears, goals, successes, and any failures. 

Disclaimer: (Sorry, but in today's society it's a necessity). I am not a Doctor, Nurse, or any type of Medical Practioner, etc. I am just a person who is and was a TKR patient. Before you attempt to do anything I have described herein for myself, YOU NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOUR OWN DOCTOR/HEALTH CARE TEAM to ensure that it is safe and effective/productive for you to do. Every person is different, both physically and psychologically, you may respond to a TKR differently than I have. I will be posting this disclaimer in future posts where I talk about things I have done and any recommendations I have, to get where I am today. Walking!

So, here we are, at the end of the Introduction. Please read on if you so desire. If this isn't what you were looking for, I wish you the best in your continuing searches. Note that you can just pick and choose which posts you want to read, that may cover information you are looking for. Title of the posts should help narrow your search.

As of today (01/04/2021), this blog is a work in progress (under construction). I will get this blog completed as quickly as I can, so please bear with me! 

Have a Great Day and a Great year, 2021.



No comments:

Post a Comment

TKR: Pre-Surgery Journey Part 1

 Pre-Surgery paperwork, it's there, but for me it wasn't that bad. Meeting with Dr. Tripi's RN to go over and through the paperw...